Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just another Sunday...

It's my usual non-pay-week Sunday. Doing laundry, sitting here playing on the computer and watching Football (or next month Nascar), while Howie is in the bedroom sleeping. It is his Sunday night to work. Right now San Diego is ahead of the Colts, so I am also doing a little cussing mixed in with that! I just think it would be cool to have a battle of the Manning brothers for the SuperBowl.

Haven't done much scrapbooking lately. My usual scrapbook store closed right before Christmas, so I don't have anyhere to go to scrap. I like to scrap with my neice Tinika. I could just go out to my scrap room and scrap by myself, but what fun is that. I need to make some more albums to sell, but I have no motivation or fresh ideas.

Thank the Lord! Indy just got a touchdown!!!! Colts 24, Chargers 21!!!

Anyway, instead of scrapbooking, I have been crocheting afghans lately. My hips and back have been killing me, and I keep getting spasms in my back, so as soon as I get home from work I am in the recliner with the heating pad until time to go to bed. And since I can never just be doing one thing at a time, I have been crocheting as I watch TV. I enjoy it and I have seen a couple of articles about different groups who gather home-made afghans to give to kids or nursing homes and that just sounded like something I could do. So far I think I have about 8 -10 afghans or lap blankets done. I need to find more yarn to use though. I had bought a big box of yarn at a yard sale two summers ago for $10, and I have finally used it all. I need another deal like that. I did buy about $40 worth of yarn on sale at JoAnn's last month, but I only have enough for another afghan out of that.

Dog gone it, San Diego just scored another touchdown! 28 -24

If you know of anyone who has some yarn they would like to donate just e-mail me at fisher.patti@att.net I would be glad to take it off their hands, for shipping costs. And it would be used for a good purpose. I haven't decided just who to donate the afghans to yet. I would like to do something with them locally. I know the family abuse center would be glad to have them as well as some of the local nursing homes. Maybe even the foster care kids. Most of my afghans are Granny Squares as it is mindless, you don't have to worry about what you are doing, and it doesn't take long to make. I can do one in 3 to 4 nights of TV.

Well shoot, the Chargers just beat the Colts 28 to 24. The Colts had a couple of chances to score and couldn't do it. They beat themselves. Oh well, story of my life! LOL

Now that I'm depressed I think I need some fresh right-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and a good cup of coffee. I need to quit writing and get back to the laundry anyway. Later...

1 comment:

Dannette said...

Hi there, These are some wonderful things that you crochet, I love to crochet. Hey, I have a surprise for you over at my blog, so come on over and check it out! Hugs, Dannette
http://www.danniescreativeoutlet.blogspot.com